Simple Chicken Soup
- Carcass and bones from one 4- to 5-pound roast chicken (or a mild-flavored rotisserie chicken)
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Put the bones and corpse from a remaining chicken (they can be in pieces) in a huge pot. Cover with the stock and 4 mugs water. Heat to the point of boiling over medium-high warmth, diminish to a stew and cook for 20 minutes. Skim any froth or fat from the juices with a spoon as important.
- Evacuate the bones and corpse with tongs or an opened spoon; put aside to cool. Include the carrots, celery, onion and inlet leaf to the stock, take back to a stew and cook until the point that the vegetables are about half cooked (they will at present have opposition when tried with a blade yet be to some degree flexible when bowed), around 10 minutes. Blend in the rice (to shield it from adhering to the base), and cook until the point that the grains are simply still somewhat firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the mean time, when the cadaver and bones are cool enough to deal with, pick off the meat, and shred it into chomp estimate pieces.
- At the point when the rice is done, add the meat to the stock and stew until warmed through, around 1 minute. Blend in the parsley, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste. Serve hot.
Quick Creamy Chicken & Noodles
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles (from 4 ounces/about 3 cups dry)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Warmth the soup, drain, dark pepper, cheddar, chicken and noodles in a 4-quart pot over medium warmth until the point that the blend is hot and gurgling, mixing every so often. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.